The International Summit of Cooperatives 2016 is starting today and tomorrow will see the sectoral meeting on Co-operative Banking 'The Efficiency of the Co-operative Banking Model'. We already presented the second round table focused on research 'The State of Research on Business Models Performance', let us introduced our first round table and its panelists.
Who will be the panelists of that 1st roundtable and which topics will be discussed ?
The sectoral meeting on banking will discuss the efficiency of the co-operative banking model in the light of the post crisis regulation. The co-operative banks are particularly hit by the current rules that impose heavy burdens at the detriment of growth. In this context the first round table will focus on how to stimulate growth through appropriate regulations. The following questions will be addressed:
How is the current regulatory framework affecting co-operative banks? How can they continue playing their key role in funding the local and regional economy? What are the policy recommendations for integrating the co-operative specificities in the international rules?
To answer those questions, the panelists of that roundtable are amongst the highlevel speakers of our member organisations, including our President, Mr. Hofmann.
- Alain FRADIN, Chief executive officer, Crédit Mutuel, France.
- Klaus BUCHLEITNER, Chief Executive Officer, Raiffeisenlandesbank Niederösterreich-Wien AG, Austria
- Franco TAISCH, Member of the Board of Directors and Member of the Audit and Risk Committee, Raiffeisen, Switzerland
- Gerhard HOFMANN, President, European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB), Belgium
- Yasuhiro HAYASAKI, Counsellor on Global Strategy to President and the Board of Directors, The Norinchukin Bank, Japan