The adviser reports to the Head of the Legal Department directly. His or her portfolio will comprise the following tasks:
- Monitor European technical initiatives relevant for cooperative banks related to Deposit Guarantee Systems, Recovery and Resolution, as well as aspects of Corporate Governance and Company Law.
- Monitor related activities of the Financial Stability Forum, the European Banking Authority (EBA) and the European Commission, Parliament and Council.
- Regularly inform member organisations about latest development regarding regulatory policy for banks (by emails, internal memos and reports)
- Organise meetings of the competent experts’ working group and task forces of the EACB several times a year (setting up of agenda, inviting members and guest speakers, moderating the discussion)
- Represent member organisations’ interests in meetings; lobby towards EU Institutions (European Commission, Parliament, Council, European Banking Authority (EBA))
- Draft position papers, letters, speeches and other relevant documents for internal and external distribution
- Maintain a network of contacts both within the association and outside (EU policy-makers, global bodies other trade associations, etc.)
- Distinct interest in financial supervisory affairs and their technical aspects
- University degree (preferably Master’s level) in law, economics or business administration.
- Previous work experience in the banking/financial sector and a good understanding of the tasks of a trade association
- Some experience (5-8 years), preferably in a bank and/or trade association
- Good knowledge of EU law and EU institutions and the regulatory processes
- Fluent written and spoken English - knowledge of other languages (French, German, etc.) is welcome
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills
- Good computer skills
The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) is an international non-profit association which was founded in 1970 and is based in Brussels. It represents the interests of co-operative banks in Europe with 28 members representing 2.800 local banks. Co-operative banks have a long tradition in serving 209 million customers, mainly consumers, retailers and SMEs with a total average market share of about 20%. Further information on the association is available on www.eacb.coop .
The EACB offers a dynamic work environment in an international and multilingual team of policy experts. As part of a major European Credit Sector Association, you will have the opportunity to develop high-level contacts in the area of financial services and to gain expertise.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including among others lunch vouchers, group insurance and transport allowance.
Please address your CV and cover letter by 14 February 2020 to:
Mr. Volker Heegemann
Head of Legal Department
European Association of Co-operative Banks
Rue de l’Industrie 26-38