Adviser Reporting /Audit /Taxation
The EACB Secretariat is looking for an advisor to join the European Association of Cooperative Banks as soon as possible
The adviser reports to the Head of Department directly. His or her portfolio will comprise the following tasks:
- Monitor, analyse and report on technical initiatives relevant for cooperative banks in the area of reporting, audit, banking supervision, taxation, especially:
- Trends in audit, financial and non-financial reporting relevant for cooperative banks (by IASB, European Commission, EFRAG, Basel Committee, TCFD).
- The activities of the EU Institutions (including but not limited to the SSM and the EBA) related to the development of the supervisory reporting and disclosure framework.
- Trends in the area of digitalization of financial services relevant from an accounting, supervisory and prudential perspective (e.g. treatment of crypto-assets, implications of initiatives such as DORA and MICA).
- Relevant developments in the field of taxation (e.g. FTT, VAT for financial services, digital tax).
- Regularly inform member organisations about latest developments in these areas (by emails, internal memos and reports).
- Contribute to, organize and support EACB working groups/task forces in these areas.
- Represent member organizations’ interests in meetings with regulators and stakeholders.
- Draft position papers, letters, speeches and other relevant documents for internal and external distribution.
- Maintain a network of contacts both within the association and outside (EU policy-makers, global bodies other trade associations, etc.).
- Distinct interest in financial regulatory affairs and their technical aspects.
- University degree (Master’s level) in economics, business administration or law and affinity to/experience in regulatory affairs.
- Profound knowledge of the banking/financial sector and a good understanding of the tasks of a trade association; an experience in regulatory affairs is a plus.
- 1-4 years of work experience, preferably in a bank and/or trade association.
- Good knowledge of EU law, the EU institutions and the regulatory processes.
- Fluent written and spoken English - knowledge of other languages (French, German, Spanish, Dutch, etc.) is welcome.
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
- Good computer skills.
The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) represents the interests of co-operative banks in Europe. With 28 members representing 2.700 banks, co-operative banks have a long tradition in serving 214 million customers, mainly consumers, retailers and SMEs. Quantitatively, co-operative banks in Europe represent 85 million members with a total average market share of about 20%.
The EACB offers a dynamic work environment in an international and multilingual team of policy experts. As part of a major European Credit Sector Association, you will have the opportunity to develop high-level contacts in the area of financial services and to gain expertise.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including lunch vouchers, group insurance and transport allowance.
Please send your application and CV by e-mail by no later than March 8th. The position is vacant so please indicate details about when you would be able to start working at the EACB:
Mr. Volker Heegemann
Head of Legal Department
European Association of Co-operative Banks
Rue de l’Industrie 26-38