On the 7th of February, RBI published on its website the prelimanry results for the year 2017. The full results will be published on the 14th of March with the relezase of their annual report.
- Consolidated profit of EUR 1,116 million more than doubled compared to last year (2016 pro forma: EUR 520 million)
- Pre-dividend common equity tier 1 (CET1) ratio (fully loaded) of 13.0% (2016 pro forma: 12.4%)
- Favorable development of risk costs reflecting positive market environment
- Decline of NPL ratio to 5.7% (2016 pro forma: 8.7%) due to low NPL inflows, NPL sales and NPL write-downs
- Increase of customer loans of around 2% despite strengthening EUR
- Net interest margin stable at 2.48% despite ongoing low interest rate levels
- Outlook and proposed dividend will be published with the annual report on 14 March 2018
As of January 2017, RZB contributed business is fully included. Current RBI figures refer to the Combined Bank; unless specified otherwise, the historical pro forma data is based on the Combined Bank (consideration of the merger).
The data contained in this release is based on unaudited figures. On 14 March 2018, RBI will publish its full annual report for 2017 including the outlook, proposed dividend amount, IFRS 9 effect as well as the segment reports and further details on the 2017 business year. As in previous years, the annual RBI Investor Day for institutional investors and analysts will be held in London on 15 March 2018.
Table with data available on the dedicated webpage of the RBI website.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Ingris Krenn-Ditz, Head of the Group Communications
Mr. Christof Danz, Head of PR International