12 JUNE 2018
This privacy statement explains how the European Association of Co-operative Banks respects your privacy and therefore takes all necessary steps to ensure that your rights are protected in the context of your use of our website. This section is up to date and complies with the general data protection regulation (“GDPR”) that has come into force on the 25th of May 2018.
• Who is the data controller?
• What type of personal data is collected?
• How is the information used?
• With whom the information is shared?
• What rights may you exercise in relation to your data?
• How to introduce a claim?
• Contact information
You are not required to furnish us with any personal details in order to be able to browse inside our website. However, in order to be in a position to enable you to use certain services that we provide, The European Association of Co-Operative Banks will need to have certain personal details relating to you. If you wish to be kept up to date with what we are doing or with activities shown under other headings offered by our website, you will need to send us certain essential details. These will be shown clearly at the respective registration interface points.
The data controller is European Association of Co-operative Banks having its registered office at rue de l’Industrie 26-38, 1040 Brussels and registered to the Crossroad-Bank of Enterprises under the company number 0896.081.149.
- Email address, first name and last name of users subscribing to the newsletter Such personal data are kept as long as you do not unsubscribe to the newsletter;
- Data you freely disclose to us when you take the initiative of sending us an email through email links on our website. Such personal data are only kept in order to answer to your request and are deleted as soon as your request has been processed;
- Email address, first name and last name of people sending an email or filling in the appropriate form for more information about our events, researches, press, trainings, news and website. Such personal data are only kept in order to answer to your request and are deleted as soon as your request has been processed;
- Title, first name and surname, job, email address, phone number, address, ID/passport number, nationality and country of residence of people registering for a training session organized by European Association of Co-Operative Banks. Such personal data are kept for a maximum period of 2 years after the end of the training session, unless otherwise required by legal obligations of European Association of Co-Operative Banks.
Besides the right for European Association of Co-Operative Banks to collect and process your personal data in compliance with art. 6 of the GDPR, by checking the corresponding tickbox, you expressly, freely and unequivocally accept that your personal data will be processed by the European Association of Co-Operative Banks for the following purposes:
- to keep you abreast of its activities;
- Statistical purposes;
- Respond to your queries.
The European Association of Co-operative Banks expressly informs and guarantees users that their personal details will not under any circumstances be forwarded to third parties which would not bring sufficient guarantees of compliance with the GDPR and that before forwarding personal details, it will request the express, informed and unequivocal consent of the owners of the same.
The European Association of Co-operative Banks expressly informs and guarantees users that their personal details will not under any circumstances be forwarded to third parties for commercial purposes other than those expressly mentioned in this privacy statement.
You have the right, at any time, to gain access to, to check and to correct any details that relate to you, using the on-line management interface that may be accessed via the "Change your contact details" link to be found at the end of each newsletter sent to you by the European Association of Co-Operative Banks, or simply by writing to the European Association of Co-operative Banks at the address shown below (contact information).
If you no longer wish to receive e-mailing from us, you may cancel at any time any of the subscription services provided by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the end of each e-mailing that you receive from The European Association of Co-Operative Banks or to tell us in a simple e-mail or via any other usual means of communication.
The European Association of Co-Operative Banks complies with the requirements included in the GDPR, as follows:
Right of Access: you have a right to access your personal data and may do so simply by writing to the European Association of Co-operative Banks at the address shown below (contact information).
Right of Rectification: you have the right to correct any personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete. Corrections may be requested simply by writing to the European Association of Co-operative Banks at the address shown below (contact information).
Consent: Upon subscription to our newsletter, you will get a confirmation notice and you will also have the ability to easily unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Erasure Requests: Requests to be forgotten are made easy simply by writing to the European Association of Co-operative Banks at the address shown below (contact information). All personal data associated with you will no longer be retrievable.
Right to Data Portability: you may request your personal data by writing to the European Association of Co-operative Banks at the address shown below (contact information).
Right to restrict data processing: if you do not want your data to be processed by the European Association of Co-operative Banks but you don’t want them to be erased neither, you can request that your personal data will only be hosted without being processed anymore.
Right to object: you have the right to object to any kind of data processing, including automated individual decision-making.
During your visit to our website, we may record details of your computer in the form of a 'Cookie'. This information enables us to tailor our services better, to suit your preferences, and it makes it easier for you to make return visits to our website. Most Internet browsers allow you to delete cookies from your hard drive or to block them, or they tell you that they are there before they are finally recorded. You can obtain further information relating to these functions by using the 'Help' feature in your browsers. You can refuse to allow a Cookie to be installed. In this event, we are unable to guarantee that our on-line services will work properly.
- Necessary technical cookies enable you to navigate through our website and use all its features;
- Performance cookies collect data on the use of a website, such as the amount of visitors, the time that visitors spend on a webpage and error notifications. We use Google Analytics (Click here to read more about the use of this data by Google http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/);
- Functional cookies enabling the activation of specific features of the website, improving your online experience on our website.
You have the right to introduce a claim at the competent authority in Belgium, the Data Protection Authority to the following address: Data Protection Authority – Rue de la Presse, 35 – 1000 Brussels – Phone: +32 2 274 48 00 – Fax: +32 2 274 48 35 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact us by e-mail, addressed to email@example.com or by post, at EACB - Rue de L'Industrie 26-38 | 1040 Brussels | Belgium.
Applicable law and competent jurisdiction
This privacy statement is subject to Belgian law and any disputes arising herefrom shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the French-speaking Courts of Brussels.