The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) is looking to recruit a full-time intern to support its work on policy initiatives in the area of digitalisation and payments.
ABOUT THE EACB
The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) is an international non-profit association based in Brussels. We represent, promote and defend the interests of co-operative banks in Europe with 27 members representing 2,700 local banks. We are a leading professional lobbying association in the European banking industry.
The intern will work in the department in EACB that is responsible for the representation of the interests of Europe’s co-operative banks in the area of retail banking, payments, digitalisation and financial markets. You will be involved in work done at the level of the EACB secretariat and with EACB members to contribute to Europe’s policy debates on topics such as electronic identity, open finance, FinTech, BigTech, data, CBDCs.
You will join a dynamic team and will get hands-on training by colleagues. Your work will be supervised by Senior Policy Officers.
In your day-to-day responsibility you will:
• Support the policy team across different policy groups (digitisation, payments, consumers and financial markets);
• Monitor EU policy developments;
• Conducting desk research on various topics;
• Support the organisation of meetings/calls, events, agendas and presentations;
• Draft reports and summaries;
• Attend internal meetings/calls and draft minutes when necessary; and
• Support in the development of policy papers.
Depending on the workload, you may also be asked to provide more general support to the EACBs advocacy work and to the communication activities around it.
• A fresh recent graduate in EU affairs, politics, international relations or law.
• You are fluent in English.
• You are interested in banking, the impact of digitalisation and regulatory developments and the process of interest representation.
• You are very organised and have good capacity to work independently.
• You have good communication skills, drafting and analytical skills.
• You are hands-on, highly motivated, friendly and approachable.
• You are a good team player and can work efficiently under time pressure.
PLACEMENT DATE & DURATION
From 1 September (flexible) for 6 months.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
This internship is organised under the Belgian convention of professional immersion and will be remunerated under the conditions of this convention.
Content wise, this internship provides a unique opportunity to observe and participate in the processes that determine Europe’s policies in the area of digitalisation in banking. The work environment being international, you will be able to acquire experience working with different nationalities.
Restrictions: You should have the necessary paperwork in place to legally take a placement in Belgium.
Please send your application with the subject “Placement position – Policy support" to the attention of Ms. Chiara Dell’Oro, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter by 7 July 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in July via MS Teams.