Vacancy notice: Adviser Accounting/Supervisory Reporting/Taxation
The adviser reports to Head of Department directly. His or her portfolio will comprise the following tasks:
- Monitor, analyse and report on technical initiatives relevant for cooperative banks in the area of accounting, banking supervision, taxation, especially:
- Trends in accounting and non-financial reporting relevant for cooperative banks (by IASB, EFRAG, Basel Committee, TCFD).
- The activities of the EU Institutions (including but not limited to the SSM and the EBA) related to the development of the supervisory reporting and disclosure framework.
- Relevant developments in the field of taxation (e.g. FTT).
- Regularly inform member organisations about latest developments in these areas (by emails, internal memos and reports).
- Contribute to and support the EACB working groups/task forces in these areas.
- Represent member organizations’ interests in meetings with regulators and stakeholders.
- Draft position papers, letters, speeches and other relevant documents for internal and external distribution.
- Maintain a network of contacts both within the association and outside (EU policy-makers, global bodies other trade associations, etc.).
- Distinct interest in financial regulatory affairs and their technical aspects.
- University degree (Master’s level) in economics, business administration or law and affinity to/experience in regulatory affairs.
- Profound knowledge of the banking/financial sector and a good understanding of the tasks of a trade association; an experience in regulatory affairs is a plus.
- 1-4 years of work experience, preferably in a bank and/or trade association.
- Good knowledge of EU law, the EU institutions and the regulatory processes.
- Fluent written and spoken English - knowledge of other languages (French, German, Italian, Dutch, etc.) is welcome.
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
- Good computer skills.
The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) represents the interests of co-operative banks in Europe. With 28 members representing 2.914 banks, co-operative banks have a long tradition in serving 209 million customers, mainly consumers, retailers and SMEs. Quantitatively, co-operative banks in Europe represent 81 million members with a total average market share of about 20%.
The EACB offers a dynamic work environment in an international and multilingual team of policy experts. As part of a major European Credit Sector Association, you will have the opportunity to develop high-level contacts in the area of financial services and to gain expertise.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including lunch vouchers, group insurance and transport allowance.
Please send your application and CV by e-mail by no later than February 28th. The position is vacant so please indicate details about when you would be able to start working at the EACB:
Mr. Volker Heegemann
Head of Legal Department
European Association of Co-operative Banks
Rue de l’Industrie 26-38